ISU University Museums
Main Content

Donor Highlight: Dr. Rebecca Klemm

Posted on July 17, 2023 at 9:52 AM by Kelly Applegate

Dr. Rebecca Klemm, known as The Numbers Lady®, earned an M.S. and Ph.D. in statistics from Iowa State. She finds joy and purpose in teaching math concepts and skills to people of all ages. Traveling the world, Dr. Klemm has shared her thoughts on math, statistics, data, AI, and education to wide-ranging groups. Through her NumbersAlive!® Foundation, she has provided unique math-based learning tools and experiences. Her interest in art, especially three-dimensional art, is also keen, leading her to create the new book Explore Art on Campus at Iowa State University among many other projects.

Not content to give of her time and talent, Dr. Klemm has also been a generous donor to University Museums, giving art, furniture, and a planned gift from her estate.

“What I really like to do is give to places that mentor people to be creative,” says Dr. Klemm. “The reason I like the arts is the people are creative and curious. I give to Iowa State because they use it for education. What’s important to me is communicating, learning, and mentoring. Encouraging people to figure things out and to experience the pleasure of figuring things out. And giving my collections to Iowa State and other places makes it really easy for those who are executing my will.”

To learn more about ways to give to University Museums and the giving societies, contact Kelly Applegate at 515.531.0102 or kapplegate@foundation.iastate.edu.

Categories: Donors

Comments
There are no comments yet.
Add Comment

* Indicates a required field

© 2024 University Museums, Iowa State University. All rights reserved.